Chandigarh Comets crush Karnataka Lions 6-1 in WSH
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
With both sides having already qualified for the semi-finals, Chandigarh Comets' Gurjinder Singh scored four goals to help his side crush Karnataka Lions 6-1 in the inconsequential last league game of the World Series Hockey here today.
Assured of last-four berths, the two teams lacked in intensity earlier on.
However, the fourth and last quarter saw some excitement with Gurjinder converting three penalty corners.
In the second quarter, Gurjinder gave his team the first goal.
Gurjinder has already scored 18 goals in the tournament. Chandigarh went past table toppers Sher-E-Punjab who have a game left.
Karnataka, placed at number three spot, scored their only goal in the 8th minute of the second quarter when Sandeep Singh scored from a penalty corner.
For Chandigarh, just three minutes before the half time, Gurjinder converted from the third penalty corner.
Ramandeep Singh pumped in a field goal with less than two minutes for half time to make it 2-1.
In the fourth quarter, Gurjinder pumped in three goals while a field goal was scored by Belsajar Horo.