Chandigarh Comets crush Karnataka Lions 6-1 in WSH
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition stable, must have consumed some tablets, says doctor
- Why is PM Modi silent on Dadri lynching? asks Opposition
- 'Arrogant' Nitish will return the money I will give for Bihar: Modi at Banka rally
- Terming Gandhi his 'inspiration', PM Modi bats for saving environment
- India's climate change goals - ambitious but achievable
With both sides having already qualified for the semi-finals, Chandigarh Comets' Gurjinder Singh scored four goals to help his side crush Karnataka Lions 6-1 in the inconsequential last league game of the World Series Hockey here today.
Assured of last-four berths, the two teams lacked in intensity earlier on.
However, the fourth and last quarter saw some excitement with Gurjinder converting three penalty corners.
In the second quarter, Gurjinder gave his team the first goal.
Gurjinder has already scored 18 goals in the tournament. Chandigarh went past table toppers Sher-E-Punjab who have a game left.
Karnataka, placed at number three spot, scored their only goal in the 8th minute of the second quarter when Sandeep Singh scored from a penalty corner.
For Chandigarh, just three minutes before the half time, Gurjinder converted from the third penalty corner.
Ramandeep Singh pumped in a field goal with less than two minutes for half time to make it 2-1.