Chandigarh Comets crush Karnataka Lions 6-1 in WSH
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
With both sides having already qualified for the semi-finals, Chandigarh Comets' Gurjinder Singh scored four goals to help his side crush Karnataka Lions 6-1 in the inconsequential last league game of the World Series Hockey here today.
Assured of last-four berths, the two teams lacked in intensity earlier on.
However, the fourth and last quarter saw some excitement with Gurjinder converting three penalty corners.
In the second quarter, Gurjinder gave his team the first goal.
Gurjinder has already scored 18 goals in the tournament. Chandigarh went past table toppers Sher-E-Punjab who have a game left.
Karnataka, placed at number three spot, scored their only goal in the 8th minute of the second quarter when Sandeep Singh scored from a penalty corner.
For Chandigarh, just three minutes before the half time, Gurjinder converted from the third penalty corner.
Ramandeep Singh pumped in a field goal with less than two minutes for half time to make it 2-1.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness