- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Punjab's Peepli Live
CONSIDERED the Badal government's best public relations arm, PTC channel's appetite for PR takes it to the extremes - both ridiculous and insensitive. As the suicide of an 18-year-old rape victim at Patiala-made headlines inviting criticism from the Punjab and Haryana High Court, the ADGP (crime) and Patiala IG, reached Badshahpur village just in time to give sound bytes to the channel owned by the ruling family. PTC's cameras rolled as soon as the duo entered the victim's home and began talking to her family. But what left even the top cops shame-faced, was when the reporter asked the entire family to come out for a photo-op with the cops and asked the victim's sister if she wanted to thank PTC for helping them in their fight for justice. The sister relented and apart from thanking the channel, went on to thank the government for prompt action against the accused. All that after the victim died fighting for justice. But still, thank you PTC!
...Yet another gem
AS the expletives hurled in the Punjab Assembly by Cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majitha went viral on social media, PTC has done its bit to counter it. The channel has uploaded a new video on Youtube in which Majithia is shown giving an "orderly" speech on law and order in the house sans the gaalis. The Speaker is shown nodding during the speech, which shouldn't come as a surprise to those who witnessed the proceedings of the winter session. Just a word of advice to PTC - while the voice overs are okay, Mr Majithia's turban and clothes are different. Oops!!! Did we hear re-take?
The path of path
WITH Public Relations Minister Bikram Singh Majithia being embroiled in one controversy or another, he has been getting 'advice' to tide over the crisis. The 'advice' doing the rounds in the corridors of power is that Majithia should visit the Golden Temple and start a path as he is having a bad run. There has been similar suggestions for Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh as his government seems to be mishandling one crisis after the other. Perhaps the path of path may bring them both some change in fortunes.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today