Chandigarh first UT to adopt online food licensing system
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chandigarh became the first Union Territory to adopt the online Food Licensing/Registration system (FLRS) to facilitate food business operators (FBOs) to file and track their applications.
Anil Kumar, IAS, Health Secretary-cum-Commissioner, Food Safety, Chandigarh Administration, inaugurated the system under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, at the Food Licensing Branch of Government Multi Specialty Hospital in Sector 16, on Thursday. On the occasion, two persons were given licenses through the online facility.
Now, all food business operators in the city can avail the online services by logging on to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/UserLogin/Login.aspx.
Food Safety & Standards Authority of India has created a centralised online system for FBOs – License/Registration for use across the country, with the assistance of National Institute for Smart Government, Hyderabad.
The system enables FBOs to check for eligibility, apply for license/registration, pay the appropriate fees, upload supporting documents, track the status of their applications, schedule inspections and receive alerts on the status and renewals at the comfort of their homes.
All FBOs are required to obtain a food license by February 4 for all conversions, renewals, new licenses and registrations.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express