Chandigarh golfer Amandeep finishes fourth
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Chandigarh's Amandeep Drall claimed the fourth spot on the concluding day of the Usha Western India Ladies golf at the Bombai Presidency Golf Club here on Friday.
The Chandigarh golfer returned with an overall score of 226 to claim the fourth spot. Meanwhile, Gurbani Singh won her third title of the season in a very comprehensive manner as she emerged triumphant by seven shots. Gurbani who turned 17 this month shot another steady three-over 73 at the BPGC to total six-over 216. Her earlier rounds were 70 and 73.
She was a comfortable winner over current Order of Merit leader Aditi Ashok who shot a 77 on final day. Aditi, still 14 years of age, totaled 223, finishing just one shot ahead of Gursimar Badwal (73) who ended at 224.
Amandeep Drall (79) at 226, Raksha Phadke (73) at 228 and Seher Atwal (76) at 230 occupied the fourth to sixth places.
Gurbani, who has already won the Usha Southern India and Usha West Bengal titles this season, is chasing Aditi for the Order of Merit honours and this win will further close the gap with two more tournaments, including the flagship event, the All India Amateurs yet to come.
The winner, Gurbani, had four bogeys and just one birdie, on the par-4 14th in her round. Aditi five over after four holes with two double bogeys never had a chance and she finished with a 77.
Gurbani also topped Category A with Raksha Phadke second, while Aditi Ashok topped the Category B, where Seher Atwal was second.
In Category C, Arushi Pandey (81) emerged winner with a total of 251 and Dhrishti Karumbaya (87) was second seven shots behind.
In Category D, Tanishka Kumar (86) topped with a total of 244 and Tiya Choudhary was a distant second at 269.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today