Chandigarh golfer Harendra finishes tied second; Vinod emerges victorious
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The winner will take home a purse of Rs 10.8 lakh. The tournament has been conceptualised by twice Asian Order of Merit Winner Jeev Milkha Singh, a first for any top level sportsperson in India.
The tournament will feature a star-studded field including Jeev, Arjun Atwal, Daniel Chopra, Rahil Gangjee, Shiv Kapur, SSP Chowrasia, Jyoti Randhawa, Anirban Lahiri and Gaganjeet Bhullar among others. The format of the championship is unique with a 54-hole stroke play contest.
The prize-money distribution will be on the lines of the USPGA Tour's Finale Tour championship, which also features top-30 players on the US Tour each year. The tournament will see in action 10 International tour members and 20 winners of 2012 PGTI tournaments.