Chandigarh Golfing Tour from tomorrow
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
A total of eighty golfers from 11 countries and 62 golfers from all parts of India will be seen in action when they tee off at the Chandigarh Golf Club on the first day of the eighth edition of the Chandigarh Golfing Tour, starting from December 21 to 23.
The tournament will witness NRIs from different golfing bodies vying for the top honours in both the gross and nett categories, and also the best gross score of the day. The over all best three-day gross score will decide the overall winner of the trophy. USA is leading the charge with a total of 38 golfers, followed by Canada with 17 and Australia with eight golfers. The United Kingdom and Singapore have five golfers each while Dubai will field two golfers.
New Zealand, France, Netherlands, Kuwait and Brazil have one entry each. DP Azad, chairman of the Media Committee, divulged the details: "The golf tourism event will begin with a tee-off at the Chandigarh Golf Club on December 21. The tournament will then shift to the nine-hole Forest Hill Golf Resort for the second round with the Panchkula Golf Club hosting the third round and the prize distribution function on December 23."
"The format of play will be stroke play with handicap applied on Peoria system of scoring," he added.