Chandigarh’s Harendra finishes tied 11th
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Chandigarh golfer Harendra Gupta finished tied 11th with a score of two-under 282 at the PGTI Players Championship presented by Poona Club Ltd. Meanwhile, Mukesh Kumar of Mhow romped home to an impressive six-stroke victory. Mukesh shot a three-under-68 in the final round on Saturday to end up with a tournament total of 15-under-269. Kapil Kumar of Delhi finished second at nine-under-275.
Mukesh Kumar (68-67-66-68), the overnight leader, had an ideal start to the final round as he birdied the first and third holes from five feet and 10 feet respectively. The golfer from Mhow found the water on the fifth that led to his first bogey of the day. Mukesh, however, opened up a sizeable lead on his nearest rivals Rajiv Datar, Kapil Kumar and Shankar Das, with birdies on the 10th and 14th.
Mukesh's bunker shot landed within a couple of feet of the pin on the 10th and his approach shot on the 14th stopped one foot from the hole. The bogey on the 16th was not enough to stop Mukesh from running away with the title. The seasoned professional landed his chip within two feet of the pin to seal victory with a birdie on the 18th.