Chandigarh turning hot spot for food chains
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
With US food chain opening today a swank and up-market fast food restaurant, New York Pizza & Fried Chicken (NYPFC), Chandigarh region has suddenly become a hot spot for hospitality sector. The latest entrant has planned to open five similar outlets in Punjab at Mohali, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Patiala in next three months.
NYPFC comes on the heels of Spanish Spaghetti and Italian Pizzamore that opened food joints earlier this month. It is not only the restaurant chains that have made forays into Chandigarh in recent times, top hotel chains have also set up properties in the city. Be it Sarovar Hotels opening their second property-Park Plaza adjoining The Taj or Hotel Lalit Chandigarh from the Lalit Suri group which operates hotel chains under the banner Lalit group under construction on a four acre land close to IT Park, Hotel J.W.Marriott and Government owned The Hotel Mount View and Hotel Shiwalik View. Many other hotel chains and food chains are having plans to have presence in Chandigarh and Punjab.
In fact 'Eating out' scene has become more lively with the entry of new food chains. New York Pizza & Fried Chicken (NYPFC), which opened today is now a part of the 'palette circuit' of the tri-city. NYFPC's youthful ambience beckons fast food enthusiasts to witness a tasty indulgence of the best fast food on offer. The USP of NYPFC is that it specializes in all three major fast foods from the west –pizzas, burgers and fried chicken. The brain behind NYPFC is Angad Singh, a 25 year old young entrepreneur, who has returned from Australia where he spent seven years doing his degree in Hotel Management and gaining experience working with fast food majors like McDonalds.
Says Angad, "There was not a single specialty restaurant offering all three fast foods under one roof in Chandigarh. The buzzword at NYPFC is fresh and healthy food. We pride ourselves in making pizzas and garlic bread with a fresh base twice a day which adds to it crispness. The best part is that there are separate cooking compartments for vegetarian and non vegetarian food''
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready