Change of PPCC chief: Khaira to abide by party decision
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Former Congress MLA from Bholath Sukhpal Singh Khaira was found changing his tone regarding change of PPCC President Capt Amarinder Singh. In Ludhiana on Saturday, Khaira said: "Though I along with other leaders wanted a change, we will abide by every decision of the high command. We will support the PPCC President, even if he is Capt Amarinder. We don't want Akalis to get strong anymore."
Khaira added that high command was serious about the issue of the PPCC president's post in Punjab. The former MLA also slammed DGP S S Saini and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and said they had forfeited their right to continue in office, "...owing to their utter failure to protect the honour of women and men in uniform". "The Opposition needs to be more effective so that the ruling alliance does not dare to give false claims about law and order in the state," he added.
The leader also slammed Punjab Police for harassing Patiala girl, who was gangraped and later committed suicide, by summoning her at odd hours and asking her unconfortable questions.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties