Charan Singh remembered, statue unveiled
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The 111th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh was celebrated across the state on Sunday with leaders lauding late leader's contributions in development of the country. The ruling Samajwadi Party celebrated the day as Kisan Diwas with party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav describing Charan Singh as an undisputed leader of the backwards, farmers and dalits. Yadav unveiled a lifesize statue of the former PM at his native Sefai village in Etawah district. A statue of the former PM was also unveiled at Amausi airport by his son and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh