Charges framed against Kandola
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
A local court on Wednesday framed charges against NRI drug kingpin Ranjit Singh Kandola alias Raja Kandola and nine others in a multi-crore drug smuggling case registered against them at Garhshankar police station. The court of additional sessions judge J S Bhinder framed charges against Kandola under Section 29/61/85 (abetment of drug smuggling) of NDPS Act, while the others face charges under Section 21/61/85 (possessing narcotic drugs). The case will be heard on January 7, 8 and 9, 2013. The charges were framed after all the accused were produced in the court. Kandola was brought on production warrants from Tihar jail where he is currently lodged after he was arrested by Delhi Police in August.
Navjot demands death for Delhi rape accused
Amritsar: BJP CPS Navjot Kaur Sidhu on Wednesday held a protest at Lawrence Road demanding death penalty for the Delhi gangrape case accused. She said that there should be speedy trial in the case and capital punishment should be awarded. She also said that an NGO, Himmat, has been launched with helpline number to report cases of molestation and eve-teasing. "A few days after the launch, the NGO received nearly 600 calls and 17 persons were nabbed," Kaur added.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today