Charges of gangrape framed against Amarjit Singh Virk
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
The victim was allegedly sexually assaulted in Industrial Area, Phase VII in Mohali on July 13, 2011
The Sessions court on Wednesday framed charges of gangrape, punishment for criminal intimidation and punishment for wrongful confinement against a district chief of NRI sabha Amarjit Singh Virk, who was booked in a case of alleged sexual assault.
The case was filed in the district court on August 27, 2012 and the Sessions Judge on Wednesday framed charges against the accused and has listed the case for January 24 for the next hearing.
A 32-year-old resident of Patiala had complaint that she was allegedly sexually assaulted by the NRI sabha chief and three others in Industrial Area, Phase VII, Mohali on July 13, 2011. The woman alleged that the chief had met the woman at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) some months before the incident took place and had promised to send her to Canada. Since Virk was unable to help her, he allegedly asked the woman to come to Chandigarh so he can return the amount, Rs 1.5 lakhs, which she had paid Virk.
The victim is reportedly a Kabaddi player. The victim went to the Civil Hospital, Phase VI Mohali for medical help. Since she was alone when she went to the hospital, the authorities in the hospital informed the police before examining the woman.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready