Charges of gangrape framed against Amarjit Singh Virk
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
The victim was allegedly sexually assaulted in Industrial Area, Phase VII in Mohali on July 13, 2011
The Sessions court on Wednesday framed charges of gangrape, punishment for criminal intimidation and punishment for wrongful confinement against a district chief of NRI sabha Amarjit Singh Virk, who was booked in a case of alleged sexual assault.
The case was filed in the district court on August 27, 2012 and the Sessions Judge on Wednesday framed charges against the accused and has listed the case for January 24 for the next hearing.
A 32-year-old resident of Patiala had complaint that she was allegedly sexually assaulted by the NRI sabha chief and three others in Industrial Area, Phase VII, Mohali on July 13, 2011. The woman alleged that the chief had met the woman at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) some months before the incident took place and had promised to send her to Canada. Since Virk was unable to help her, he allegedly asked the woman to come to Chandigarh so he can return the amount, Rs 1.5 lakhs, which she had paid Virk.
The victim is reportedly a Kabaddi player. The victim went to the Civil Hospital, Phase VI Mohali for medical help. Since she was alone when she went to the hospital, the authorities in the hospital informed the police before examining the woman.