Chargesheet against Paramount Airways
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- PM Manmohan Singh dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
The credit insurance policies were used in securing multiple bank guarantees from SBI, BoI, Indian Bank, Andhra Bank and IDBI to cover its transactions with PSU oil firms and to meet expenses relating to fuel, aircraft, lease, rent airport charges and others, it said.
"On default of Paramount Airways, the oil companies invoked bank guarantees and in turn, the five banks raised claims to the extent of Rs 442 cr on OICL," the agency said.
Even when some officials were reluctant to issue credit policies to Paramount Airways for want of requisite documents, Ramadoss convinced Thiagrajan to give exclusive mandate on aviation insurance to OICL, it said.
It said the credit policies were issued to Paramount in absence of proposal form and without seeing the financials and credit requirement of the Airline, without understanding the risks and without it having any re-insurance support and the banks were never roped in while accepting the risk.
"The entire sum insured was in the net of the company's account. Claims were lodged by the banks for Rs 441 cr which was to be absorbed by OICL as no recovery of this amount was possible in absence of re-insurance support (with Paramount)," the charge sheet said.
The agency also said that Paramount was "reluctant in disclosing its financials during 2007-09 with OICL due to its poor financial health and negative credit worthiness".
All the accused have been booked for criminal conspiracy, cheating under the IPC and also under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’