Chargesheet against retired inspector, 3 others for murder
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Sahakarnagar police has filed a chargesheet against four people including a retired police inspector for allegedly murdering his daughter with an aim of grabbing her property.
Police said, retired inspector Bhimrao Kamble (65), his daughter, wife and a son-in-law allegedly conspired and killed Kamble's daughter Sunita Kamble (43) as she was an obstacle in their plan of acquiring an apartment in Dhankawadi. The incident took place on January 14 last year.
Police said, after Sunita was found dead under mysterious circumstances the crime branch has started investigating the case. Police arrested Kamble, his daughter Kalyani Shankar Kut (43) her husband Babasaheb Shankar Kut and booked Kamble's wife Seema (63).
Police said Sunita and Bhimrao used to stay in an apartment at Dhankawadi. On January 14, soon after Bhimrao left the apartment for some work, Kalyani and Babasaheb went to the apartment and strangulated Sunita to death. Interestingly, according to police, Kamble himself had repeatedly requested the police to file a murder case instead of accidental death.
Police mentioned the names of 16 panch witnesses and 53 other witness in the chargesheet.