Chargesheet against retired inspector, 3 others for murder
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections LIVE: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Naveen faces crisis of confidence, says Hemant Soren
Sahakarnagar police has filed a chargesheet against four people including a retired police inspector for allegedly murdering his daughter with an aim of grabbing her property.
Police said, retired inspector Bhimrao Kamble (65), his daughter, wife and a son-in-law allegedly conspired and killed Kamble's daughter Sunita Kamble (43) as she was an obstacle in their plan of acquiring an apartment in Dhankawadi. The incident took place on January 14 last year.
Police said, after Sunita was found dead under mysterious circumstances the crime branch has started investigating the case. Police arrested Kamble, his daughter Kalyani Shankar Kut (43) her husband Babasaheb Shankar Kut and booked Kamble's wife Seema (63).
Police said Sunita and Bhimrao used to stay in an apartment at Dhankawadi. On January 14, soon after Bhimrao left the apartment for some work, Kalyani and Babasaheb went to the apartment and strangulated Sunita to death. Interestingly, according to police, Kamble himself had repeatedly requested the police to file a murder case instead of accidental death.
Police mentioned the names of 16 panch witnesses and 53 other witness in the chargesheet.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move