Chargesheet filed against Saif Ali Khan in hotel brawl case
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Ten months after Saif Ali Khan allegedly assaulted a South-Africa based businessman Iqbal Mir Sharma and his father-in-law at a luxury hotel in Colaba, the Mumbai Police has filed a charge sheet against the Bollywood actor and his two associates in the case.
"Colaba police station filed the charge sheet against Saif in a metropolitan magistrate court on Thursday," Zonal DCP Ravindra Shishwe said.
Saif and his two friends – Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi – have been charge sheeted under section 325 (assault) of IPC. The police have also added the statement of 29 persons in the charge sheet, sources said.
Saif and his friends were arrested following a complaint filed by Sharma after the two got into a fight at the Wasabi restaurant in Taj Hotel on February 22. The trio was later released on bail.
The 42-year-old actor was accompanied by Kareena Kapoor, her sister Karishma, Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Arora and some male friends at the Taj when the brawl broke out.
According to police, when Sharma protested the raucous chatter of the actor and his friends, Saif allegedly threatened them and subsequently punched Sharma in the nose, fracturing it. The NRI businessman also accused Saif and his friends of hitting his father-in-law Raman Patel.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon