Chargesheet filed in phishing scam
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Mumbai police Friday filed a chargesheet in the money siphoning case in which actor Raveena Tandon's husband Anil Thadani was a victim.
The over 632-page chargesheet against alleged mastermind Muzammil Tazdar and eight of his accomplices contains details about nearly 40 accounts that Tazdar allegedly opened using forged documents.
In April this year, the police had received a complaint from Thadani, saying Rs 12.5 lakh had been transferred from his account to an account in the name of one Sumit Gupta.
Investigations revealed the money had been transferred using a cheque from Thadani's chequebook, which had gone missing from his office. It was also found that Sumit Gupta was one of the many aliases used by Tazdar.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express