Chargesheet in Rohtak honour killings names girl's parents, brother
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Haryana police submitted a chargesheet against six people on Wednesday in the three-month-old "honour killing" case in Gharnavati village of Rohtak district in which a runaway couple, Nidhi and Dharmender, were allegedly killed by girl's parents.
In the chargesheet submitted in the court of Judicial Magistrate, Rohtak district courts, all six accused have been charged with murder and criminal conspiracy. The police held all six responsible for "executing a well-planned murder".
The chargesheet names Nidhi's parents -- Narender and Rita Singh -- uncle Ravinder, brother Sunny, their driver Mahesh and a member of the village panchayat, Rajesh. According to the chargesheet, all accused hatched a criminal conspiracy and are liable for prosecution on charges of murder, destroying evidence, rioting and criminal conspiracy.
The case came to light on September 17. Nidhi and Dharmender, wanted to marry against the wishes of their parents, and had eloped on September 15. Nidhi's parents got a tip-off about her location and managed to bring both of them back to the village. They were allegedly hacked to death in full public view. While Nidhi was cremated soon after, Dharmender's beheaded body was thrown outside his house.
"Statements of witnesses, forensic reports of both bodies, circumstantial evidence, statements by the accused given to the media after being arrested, all form part of the chargesheet," said Deputy Superintendent of Police, Anil Kumar, who led the investigations.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express