Chargesheet ready: Hardeep killed Ponty, Namdhari shot Hardeep
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Crime Branch has finished drafting the chargesheet in the Ponty and Hardeep Chadha murder case. The chargesheet is expected to be submitted this Thursday.
Sources in police said the chargesheet, with annexures running into more than 2,000 pages, has named former Uttarakhand Minorities Chairman Sukdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi as the accused for Hardeep's murder. Hardeep has been named as the accused for Ponty's murder. Police said Hardeep used two weapons.
Police have based their findings on the statements of the Chadha family and Namdhari.
In his statement, Namdhari said Ponty had specifically called him to Delhi, a day before the incident, to take over the property (Bungalow number 42).
Sources said, according to the chargesheet, Namdhari was called after Ponty got to know that Hardeep had put up the Chhattarpur property for sale. Police claimed that the shootout was a result of the brewing tension between the two brothers who wanted to take possession of Bungalow number 42, at the DLF Farms Chhattarpur.
The findings have also been based on the post-mortem reports and scene recreation reports, which showed that the bullets that hit Hardeep came from the back. Police have also attached a confessional statement of Namdhari, in which he revealed that he shot at Hardeep when he was trying to run away from the spot after shooting at Ponty.
"Sukdev Singh Namdhari was the mastermind in the takeover. He has confessed in his statement that it was his men who had taken over Bungalow number 42, armed with weapons and hockey sticks. Sachin Tyagi, his PSO, helped him in the crime. The chargesheet will be submitted on Thursday," a senior crime branch officer said.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid