Charlie Sheen donates $75000 to cancer patient
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Actor Charlie Sheen has donated $75,000 for a 10-year-old girl suffering from cancer.
The 47-year-old was in conversation with a Hermosa Beach police officer here, when he got to know that the officer's daughter Jasmine is suffering from Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma (CR), reported TMZ Online.
CR is a form of cancer that occurs in the muscle tissue and requires over a year of expensive medical treatments like chemo and radiation therapy.
The actor, who is father of five children said to the officer, "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that."
Hermosa Beach Police Association, which started a fund for Jasmine received a cheque of USD 75,000 from the actor very next day.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi