Chart delay affecting commuters
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Preparation of railway reservation charts at the 11th hour is inconveniencing wait-listed passengers.
The charts are prepared and displayed an hour before departure of trains in violation of railway rules.
As per the rules, charts should be prepared three hours before train departures.
Rajdhani and August Kranti express trains are notorious for chart delays, so are Mahanagri Express, Vidarbha Express and Punjab Mail.
At a recent meeting with Central Railway divisional manager Mukesh Nigam, Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee member Nirmal Jain raised the issue.
He said, "In Mumbai, passengers come from distant places. Charts for many trains are prepared just an hour before departure. The charts should be prepared at least three hours before departure."
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance