Chart delay affecting commuters
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Preparation of railway reservation charts at the 11th hour is inconveniencing wait-listed passengers.
The charts are prepared and displayed an hour before departure of trains in violation of railway rules.
As per the rules, charts should be prepared three hours before train departures.
Rajdhani and August Kranti express trains are notorious for chart delays, so are Mahanagri Express, Vidarbha Express and Punjab Mail.
At a recent meeting with Central Railway divisional manager Mukesh Nigam, Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee member Nirmal Jain raised the issue.
He said, "In Mumbai, passengers come from distant places. Charts for many trains are prepared just an hour before departure. The charts should be prepared at least three hours before departure."
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU