Chart delay affecting commuters
- PM Narendra Modi on babus: We will intervene, not interfere
- Lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
Preparation of railway reservation charts at the 11th hour is inconveniencing wait-listed passengers.
The charts are prepared and displayed an hour before departure of trains in violation of railway rules.
As per the rules, charts should be prepared three hours before train departures.
Rajdhani and August Kranti express trains are notorious for chart delays, so are Mahanagri Express, Vidarbha Express and Punjab Mail.
At a recent meeting with Central Railway divisional manager Mukesh Nigam, Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee member Nirmal Jain raised the issue.
He said, "In Mumbai, passengers come from distant places. Charts for many trains are prepared just an hour before departure. The charts should be prepared at least three hours before departure."
Ved Prakash, a director-producer who frequently travels to Delhi, said, "Charts for Rajdhani and August Kranti are prepared 40 minutes-one hour before departure. Passengers often reach the station without knowing their reservation status and find that their ticket is not confirmed."