Chart delay affecting commuters
- Indian economy like 'one-eyed' king in land of blind: Raghuram Rajan
- Handwara fallout: Class XI student fifth to die as protests spread in Kashmir
- Vijay Mallya's business model could be at fault, says Arun Jaitley
- Allow foreign university campuses, says Niti Aayog
- After DGP, health chief says PM, Rahul visits to burns ICU were ‘unwarranted’
Preparation of railway reservation charts at the 11th hour is inconveniencing wait-listed passengers.
The charts are prepared and displayed an hour before departure of trains in violation of railway rules.
As per the rules, charts should be prepared three hours before train departures.
Rajdhani and August Kranti express trains are notorious for chart delays, so are Mahanagri Express, Vidarbha Express and Punjab Mail.
At a recent meeting with Central Railway divisional manager Mukesh Nigam, Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee member Nirmal Jain raised the issue.
He said, "In Mumbai, passengers come from distant places. Charts for many trains are prepared just an hour before departure. The charts should be prepared at least three hours before departure."
- People of the Kashmir valley are struggling to decide their identity
- Ambedkar would be deeply ashamed of the way India has turned out
- Now that the BJP is the big beast, there will be an attempt to revive the Janata
- Inside track: Who done it?
- Delhi seems ready to compete with Beijing where it must and cooperate where it can
- Don’t judge the odd-even policy on its impact on pollution alone