Chart delay affecting commuters
- Kirti Azad seeks Modi's intervention in DDCA row, asks for specific reasons for BJP's action against him
- Govt moves to double MPs’ salary to Rs 2.8 lakh a month
- DDCA row: Give Delhi govt copies of seized papers, Court tells CBI
- 20 categories exempt: Two-wheelers, women drivers, hybrid cars, VVIPs except Delhi CM Kejriwal
- BJP leader’s son among 15 named in Dadri lynching chargesheet
Preparation of railway reservation charts at the 11th hour is inconveniencing wait-listed passengers.
The charts are prepared and displayed an hour before departure of trains in violation of railway rules.
As per the rules, charts should be prepared three hours before train departures.
Rajdhani and August Kranti express trains are notorious for chart delays, so are Mahanagri Express, Vidarbha Express and Punjab Mail.
At a recent meeting with Central Railway divisional manager Mukesh Nigam, Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee member Nirmal Jain raised the issue.
He said, "In Mumbai, passengers come from distant places. Charts for many trains are prepared just an hour before departure. The charts should be prepared at least three hours before departure."
- The court has misread the constitutional right to adult suffrage
- Rajya Sabha has failed in its role as a delaying chamber for unwise legislation
- Telescope: Somebodies, nobodies, and those in between
- Mother Teresa’s dedication to her ‘simple duty’ was itself miraculous
- A compilation of state-level good practices gives reasons to be optimistic
- COP-21 portend major trade negotiation changes for the WTO