Chaudhary named Haryana chief secy
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sahara must pay Rs 10,000 cr to show its 'bonafide' and not for Subrata Roy's release: SC
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka lose three in a hurry
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked Chief Secretary Pradeep Kumar Chaudhary, who was appointed to the post on Tuesday, to draw a time-bound plan to review progress of various departments.
Chaudhary, who has been given the charges of Departments of General Administration, Personnel, Training, Vigilance, Parliamentary Affairs and Administrative Reforms, has also been appointed as the secretary in-charge of plan coordination as well as financial commissioner and principal secretary.
Chaudhary, who was on Tuesday repatriated to Haryana after being relieved as the Union Secretary for Industrial Promotion and Policy, supersedes two IAS officers of his 1977 batch — Raj Kumar and Krishna Mohan. While Raj Kumar had less than six months of his tenure left, Mohan had a CBI case pending against him. Earlier, Hooda had preferred Prem Prashant as his chief secretary over and above the seniority of Asha Sharma and K C Sharma. They were later adjusted at different positions post superannuation.
Brother-in-law of Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala, before he went for central deputation, Chaudhary was the financial commissioner (Industries).
With this appointment, the state government is set to witness major administrative reshuffle after Chaudhary formally takes over. Previous chief secretary Urvashi Gulati had retired on March 31 and was posted as the information commissioner.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case