Chaudhary named Haryana chief secy
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked Chief Secretary Pradeep Kumar Chaudhary, who was appointed to the post on Tuesday, to draw a time-bound plan to review progress of various departments.
Chaudhary, who has been given the charges of Departments of General Administration, Personnel, Training, Vigilance, Parliamentary Affairs and Administrative Reforms, has also been appointed as the secretary in-charge of plan coordination as well as financial commissioner and principal secretary.
Chaudhary, who was on Tuesday repatriated to Haryana after being relieved as the Union Secretary for Industrial Promotion and Policy, supersedes two IAS officers of his 1977 batch — Raj Kumar and Krishna Mohan. While Raj Kumar had less than six months of his tenure left, Mohan had a CBI case pending against him. Earlier, Hooda had preferred Prem Prashant as his chief secretary over and above the seniority of Asha Sharma and K C Sharma. They were later adjusted at different positions post superannuation.
Brother-in-law of Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala, before he went for central deputation, Chaudhary was the financial commissioner (Industries).
With this appointment, the state government is set to witness major administrative reshuffle after Chaudhary formally takes over. Previous chief secretary Urvashi Gulati had retired on March 31 and was posted as the information commissioner.
- Across the aisle: Misadventures of the Modi government
- The absence of ‘parivartan’ in political culture
- Why was Digvijaya Singh spotted at the VHP office?
- Out of my mind: A fractured politics
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure