Chaudhary named Haryana chief secy
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked Chief Secretary Pradeep Kumar Chaudhary, who was appointed to the post on Tuesday, to draw a time-bound plan to review progress of various departments.
Chaudhary, who has been given the charges of Departments of General Administration, Personnel, Training, Vigilance, Parliamentary Affairs and Administrative Reforms, has also been appointed as the secretary in-charge of plan coordination as well as financial commissioner and principal secretary.
Chaudhary, who was on Tuesday repatriated to Haryana after being relieved as the Union Secretary for Industrial Promotion and Policy, supersedes two IAS officers of his 1977 batch — Raj Kumar and Krishna Mohan. While Raj Kumar had less than six months of his tenure left, Mohan had a CBI case pending against him. Earlier, Hooda had preferred Prem Prashant as his chief secretary over and above the seniority of Asha Sharma and K C Sharma. They were later adjusted at different positions post superannuation.
Brother-in-law of Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala, before he went for central deputation, Chaudhary was the financial commissioner (Industries).
With this appointment, the state government is set to witness major administrative reshuffle after Chaudhary formally takes over. Previous chief secretary Urvashi Gulati had retired on March 31 and was posted as the information commissioner.