Chauhan is new state RLD chief
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Lucknow:Former minister Munna Singh Chauhan took charge as the new state president of the party on Tuesday in the presence of senior leaders and a gathering of workers.
Chauhan succeeds Baba Hardev Singh who had resigned from the post owing to unspecified "ideological reasons" on September 22.
Chauhan was irrigation minister in previous SP rule. His nomination as the new party state president was announced on October 26 and he took charge on Tuesday. Talking to mediapersons, Chauhan said increasing party membership, strengthening the organisation and launching agitations on public related issues in the state will be his priorities. "I have to strengthen the party in UP from east to west so that RLD holds the key to power at the Centre after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections," Chauhan said.
Faizabad violence leads to transfers
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food