Chauhan is new state RLD chief
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Lucknow:Former minister Munna Singh Chauhan took charge as the new state president of the party on Tuesday in the presence of senior leaders and a gathering of workers.
Chauhan succeeds Baba Hardev Singh who had resigned from the post owing to unspecified "ideological reasons" on September 22.
Chauhan was irrigation minister in previous SP rule. His nomination as the new party state president was announced on October 26 and he took charge on Tuesday. Talking to mediapersons, Chauhan said increasing party membership, strengthening the organisation and launching agitations on public related issues in the state will be his priorities. "I have to strengthen the party in UP from east to west so that RLD holds the key to power at the Centre after the 2014 Lok Sabha elections," Chauhan said.
Faizabad violence leads to transfers
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?