Chavan assures to look into arrest of Gondia ZP officials
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has assured the Assembly of looking into the matter pertaining to the arrest of Gondia Zila Parishad office-bearers under the Prevention of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Atrocities Act. Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse pointed out that Gondia Zila Parishad CEO Yeshwant Gedam had lodged the complaint against the office-bearers because the latter exposed his corrupt practices. Khadse said the district observed a bandh to protest the arrests.