Chawla, Sood to slug it out for mayor’s post
- Somnath Bharti surrenders before police, says was not evading arrest
- Strong evidence of flowing salt water on Mars: Study
- Obama at UNGA, asks world to unite in fight against terrorism
- Congress insulting Modi's devotion to his mother is pathetic: BJP
- No evidence against ex-PM Manmohan Singh in coal scam case: CBI to court
The party decided to field deputy mayor Satish Kainth once again for the post.
The BJP fielded Rajesh Gupta for the senior deputy mayor's post. Gupta, reportedly opted to contest for this post, despite being a two-time councillor. For the post of deputy mayor, SAD councillor Malkit Singh was fielded. During the last election too, he had been fielded for this post.
Mayor: Subhash Chawla
Senior Deputy Mayor: Rana Kashmiri Devi
Deputy Mayor: Satish Kainth
Mayor: Arun Sood
Senior Deputy Mayor: Rajesh Gupta
Deputy mayor: Malkit Singh