CHB holds draw of lots for UT employees
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The Chandigarh Housing Board today held the draw of lots for a housing scheme for UT employees.
The scheme was floated in 2008 and applications had been invited the same year. But it hit several roadblocks and could never take off. Today's draw of lots was a positive sign for the scheme undre which houses are to come up in Sectors 52 and 56.
Under the scheme, 252 lots were drawn for category A — 3 BHK (bedroom, hall, kitchen); 168 for category B— 2 BHK; 3,066 for category — one BHK, and 444 for category D, which is for the economically weaker section. These are one room flats.
Among the successful candidates in Category A are Director of Social Welfare Vandana Disodia, Joint Commissioner Kamlesh Kumar, former chief conservator of forests Ishwar Singh, former Director Higher Education Raji P Shrivastava, Niharika Rai and DPI (Schools) P K Sharma. Some of the applicants including UT Adviser Pradip Mehra, Finance Secretary Sanjay Kumar, former deputy commissioner R K Rao were among the unsuccessful ones.
Names of successful applicants have been put up on the website of the UT Administration.