CHB residents hold rally
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The members of CHB Residents' Federation held a rally in Sector 44 for the fulfillment of their long-pending demands.
The residents have been demanding regularization of all need-based changes made by residents of houses made by CHB and the rehabilitation colonies.
The members of the federation have been holding rallies such as this one at regular intervals in which they have raised their demands.
They have demanded adoption of citizen's charter or the Right to Service Act in the government offices in the city. A public audit system and transfer of power from officials to councillors are some of the other demands.
The federation has demanded transfer of ownership rights to residents of rehabilitation colonies who are allottees or have bought their houses on power of attorney.
The speakers on the occasion criticised the politicians stating that despite the politicians' promises of help and relief to people, no action has been taken.
It was further stated that the latest survey by the board shows that almost all the house owners had undertaken need-based changes in the houses, making them violators of bylaws.