CHB violated housing scheme norms: Group B employees
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The Group B employees who have been unsuccessful in the draw of lots under the UT Employees Housing Scheme held a meeting today at Rose Garden. The employees alleged that Chandigarh Housing Board has violated the provisions of the scheme by not holding draw of lots proportionate to the ratio of applicants in each category.
The employees have demanded that the present housing scheme is one of the rare opportunities for them and they should be accommodated by allotting dwelling units under the scheme. The employees have alleged that CHB violated the terms and conditions of the scheme while holding the draw of lots of Group B and shrinking the opportunity to succeed from 50 to 24 per cent. A similar situation was witnessed in case of Group A. They have demanded that the draw be cancelled and held afresh.