CHB violated housing scheme norms: Group B employees
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
The Group B employees who have been unsuccessful in the draw of lots under the UT Employees Housing Scheme held a meeting today at Rose Garden. The employees alleged that Chandigarh Housing Board has violated the provisions of the scheme by not holding draw of lots proportionate to the ratio of applicants in each category.
The employees have demanded that the present housing scheme is one of the rare opportunities for them and they should be accommodated by allotting dwelling units under the scheme. The employees have alleged that CHB violated the terms and conditions of the scheme while holding the draw of lots of Group B and shrinking the opportunity to succeed from 50 to 24 per cent. A similar situation was witnessed in case of Group A. They have demanded that the draw be cancelled and held afresh.
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST
- Sanskrit and Persian have much in common
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- Best investment treaty
- Discrimination on basis of caste is continuing reality, state can't shirk responsibility