Cheating, fraud cases against Nirmal Baba in UP
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Three cases have been filed against controversial godman, Nirmaljeet Singh Narula in Uttar Pradesh for alleged fraud and cheating, police said.
A case was filed against Baba and his wife in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate in Meerut for alleged fraud.
The complainant, Harish Veer Singh, claimed that on Baba's advice he ate 'kheer', which led to a health problem.
The court has fixed May 1 for hearing and recording the statement of applicant and issuance of summon.
In another police case filed at Indira Puram here, one Jai Ram Singh alleged that Nirmal Baba cheated him of Rs 31,000 by promising cure to his ailment, but he found no relief.
In third case, One Jitender Singh filed a police complaint against Baba for allegedly cheating him of Rs 11,000 for curing his health problem.
He claimed that he developed regular pain in his body after he ate 'Pani-Poori' for months following Baba's advice.
He alleged he had deposited Rs 11,000 in Baba's bank account, but when he demanded more money, he decided to lodge complaint against the controversial godman.