Cheating, fraud cases against Nirmal Baba in UP
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Three cases have been filed against controversial godman, Nirmaljeet Singh Narula in Uttar Pradesh for alleged fraud and cheating, police said.
A case was filed against Baba and his wife in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate in Meerut for alleged fraud.
The complainant, Harish Veer Singh, claimed that on Baba's advice he ate 'kheer', which led to a health problem.
The court has fixed May 1 for hearing and recording the statement of applicant and issuance of summon.
In another police case filed at Indira Puram here, one Jai Ram Singh alleged that Nirmal Baba cheated him of Rs 31,000 by promising cure to his ailment, but he found no relief.
In third case, One Jitender Singh filed a police complaint against Baba for allegedly cheating him of Rs 11,000 for curing his health problem.
He claimed that he developed regular pain in his body after he ate 'Pani-Poori' for months following Baba's advice.
He alleged he had deposited Rs 11,000 in Baba's bank account, but when he demanded more money, he decided to lodge complaint against the controversial godman.