Cheating, fraud cases against Nirmal Baba in UP
- Uttarakhand: Rawat wins floor test, Centre tells SC, will revoke Prez Rule
- Can't deport Vijay Mallya, but can help with extradition: UK tells India
- DU speaks up: PM Modi’s BA degree authentic; AAP says statement made ‘under pressure from Centre'
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi picks ‘big paradox’ Haryana as cadre
- To delink caste from quota for ‘poor’, BJP steps over faultlines
Three cases have been filed against controversial godman, Nirmaljeet Singh Narula in Uttar Pradesh for alleged fraud and cheating, police said.
A case was filed against Baba and his wife in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate in Meerut for alleged fraud.
The complainant, Harish Veer Singh, claimed that on Baba's advice he ate 'kheer', which led to a health problem.
The court has fixed May 1 for hearing and recording the statement of applicant and issuance of summon.
In another police case filed at Indira Puram here, one Jai Ram Singh alleged that Nirmal Baba cheated him of Rs 31,000 by promising cure to his ailment, but he found no relief.
In third case, One Jitender Singh filed a police complaint against Baba for allegedly cheating him of Rs 11,000 for curing his health problem.
He claimed that he developed regular pain in his body after he ate 'Pani-Poori' for months following Baba's advice.
- Using consumption expenditure to draw a poverty is a flawed rule
- MP government’s ads to dodgy websites point to a larger malaise
- Tamil Nadu Assembly elections: Welfare, freebies, prohibition
- On AgustaWestland, three questions for the Modi government
- Education qualifications for contesting elections are undemocratic and incoherent
- The discharge of Malegaon accused is a reminder of a recurring injustice