Cheating in college 'does carry over to workplace'
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
In a new study, researchers analyzed the relationship between students who reported engaging in dishonest behaviour during college and in the workplace, and found that there is a very large relationship between the two.
This finding indicates the possibility of a stable, underlying trait of deviant behaviour highlighting the commonality between cheating in college and cheating at work.
Given the strength of the relationship, when there is clear evidence of academic dishonesty in college, a student is less likely to be an optimal hire, the researcher said.
The study is a meta-analysis which is a thorough review of results from research involving more than more than 1,500 people which identified a pattern among the findings.