Checking partner's mobile 'most' common way affairs are exposed
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
In today's age of modern technology, snooping on a partner's mobile phone is the most common way to find out if a man is cheating, a new poll has found.
According to the poll, "going through mobile phone" has been cited as the top reason why illicit affairs have been exposed, the Daily Mail reported.
The iPhone's auto preview messaging feature, which brings a text up on screen as soon as it comes through, has been named as one of the ways technology can easily expose a cheat.
Nearly 2,400 UK adults, all of whom had either been caught cheating while in a relationship or who had found a partner was being unfaithful to them in the past, were quizzed by a mobile insurance website www.mobileinsurance.co.uk on the circumstances in which the infidelity was discovered.
Almost half of those questioned - 41 percent - said checking for evidence on their partner's mobile phone was the reason why an affair came to light.
The second most common way to catch a cheater was through social network websites like Facebook and by going through their files on their personal computer or tablet.
A minority of 11 percent were unable to cover their tracks so they were caught face-to-face, while 5 percent had to be told their partner was up to no good by a friend or family member.
Merely two percent admitted that a guilty conscience led them to making a full confession.
Mobile phone insurance website www.mobileinsurance.co.uk conduced the research after noting a rise in the number of claims for breakages that occurred to handsets during relationship splits or arguments.
The most common ways cheating is discovered are:
Went through mobile phone – 41 percent
Went through social media account – 23 percent
Went through files on PC/laptop/tablet – 13 percent
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state