Cheetah dies in Junagadh zoo
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
A female cheetah brought from Singapore died at the Sakkarbaug zoo in Junagadh district.
"The postmortem confirmed death due to failure of liver and kidney," zoo director V J Rana said, adding that the feline died on October 13.
Earlier, a male cheetah, also brought here from Singapore, had died in the zoo some months ago. "Sakkarbaug zoo traded three of its lions with a Singapore zoo for two pairs of cheetah in 2009," Rana said.
The African cheetahs were brought from Singapore as per a government programme initiated by the Central Zoo Authority of India, Rana added.