Cheetah dies in Junagadh zoo
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
A female cheetah brought from Singapore died at the Sakkarbaug zoo in Junagadh district.
"The postmortem confirmed death due to failure of liver and kidney," zoo director V J Rana said, adding that the feline died on October 13.
Earlier, a male cheetah, also brought here from Singapore, had died in the zoo some months ago. "Sakkarbaug zoo traded three of its lions with a Singapore zoo for two pairs of cheetah in 2009," Rana said.
The African cheetahs were brought from Singapore as per a government programme initiated by the Central Zoo Authority of India, Rana added.