Cheetah dies in Junagadh zoo
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
A female cheetah brought from Singapore died at the Sakkarbaug zoo in Junagadh district.
"The postmortem confirmed death due to failure of liver and kidney," zoo director V J Rana said, adding that the feline died on October 13.
Earlier, a male cheetah, also brought here from Singapore, had died in the zoo some months ago. "Sakkarbaug zoo traded three of its lions with a Singapore zoo for two pairs of cheetah in 2009," Rana said.
The African cheetahs were brought from Singapore as per a government programme initiated by the Central Zoo Authority of India, Rana added.