Cheetah dies in Junagadh zoo
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A female cheetah brought from Singapore died at the Sakkarbaug zoo in Junagadh district.
"The postmortem confirmed death due to failure of liver and kidney," zoo director V J Rana said, adding that the feline died on October 13.
Earlier, a male cheetah, also brought here from Singapore, had died in the zoo some months ago. "Sakkarbaug zoo traded three of its lions with a Singapore zoo for two pairs of cheetah in 2009," Rana said.
The African cheetahs were brought from Singapore as per a government programme initiated by the Central Zoo Authority of India, Rana added.