Chef Vikas Khanna awaits showdown with Barack Obama
- Farmer's suicide: Political blame game begins, Somnath Bharti sees plot, Congress targets BJP, AAP
- Indian Railways launches mobile app for paperless unreserved tickets
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- Late night storm claims 32 lives, injures over 80 in Bihar
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
Interestingly, the menu for the Obama fundraiser was culled from Khanna's forthcoming book Return to the Rivers that has been endorsed by the Dalai Lama himself. "I wanted to explore the cuisine of the regions that the rivers originating from the Himalayas touch upon," said the chef, who travelled through Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet, northern India, Myanmar, western China, and Pakistan for the book that will hit the shelves later this year.
"It took me three months to research but my most ambitious book yet is the one I have researched for seven years. It's a book that I worked on with my grandmother and I think there's nothing more special for a child than cooking his mother's recipes," said Khanna.