Chelsea slump to shock home loss to Swansea in League Cup
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
Most of them were directed at interim manager Rafael Benitez, still as unpopular as ever six weeks into his tenure, but the whole club seems in disarray. Even chairman Bruce Buck was booed before kickoff as he came onto the pitch to present an award.
"We made two mistakes and we paid for them,'' Benitez said. "If you play this game 10 times, you win nine of them.''
Esteemed managers such as Manchester United's Alex Ferguson and Arsenal's Arsene Wenger have acknowledged they had barely heard of Michu when he arrived at Swansea, but they know all about him now.
His languid style is similar to that of Dimitar Berbatov, but he bursts into life in and around the penalty area and has a deadly finish, displayed when he put Swansea ahead from the edge of the area after Ivanovic had been robbed by Jonathan de Guzman.
"What he has done in terms of goals is incredible,'' Laudrup said. "Today – one chance, one goal.''
Benitez answered the crowd's fevered calls to bring on Frank Lampard and Demba Ba, and the latter – a recent signing from Newcastle – did more in 10 minutes than Torres did in 80.
Making his presence felt immediately, he had a goal disallowed for offside, was booked for diving after colliding with Tremmel in what looked a harsh decision, and twice headed just off target.
Swansea's defense – marshalled superbly by center back Ashley Williams – held firm and in the second minute of injury time, Ivanovic failed to spot Graham lurking behind him as he passed the ball back to Turnbull. The substitute pounced to round the `keeper and slot home.
"We have had some historic results in the first half of the season,'' Laudrup said, "but to win at the European champions is something very special.''
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today