Chemical-laden truck catches fire
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
A truck carrying chemicals caught fire at Chandani chowk early on Thursday. Two firemen were injured in the extinguishing operation. Traffic on both the sides of the highway was disrupted for nearly three-and-a-half hours.
Fire brigade officers said the incident took place around 4 am. "
"The truck was carrying metal containers of acrylic polymer, hydrogen peroxide, phosphoric acid, zinc chloride and calcium chloride. There were also some bundles of ropes and utensils in the truck," said Prabhakar Umratkar, a station officer with the fire brigade.
He added, "The incident came to light after some of the passengers in the vehicle following the truck saw fumes coming out. We reached the spot in 10 minutes after we got the call. It took about two hours for our 20 member of fire brigade team to bring the fire under control. We had to be extra cautious while extinguishing the fire. Two of the firemen suffered minor injuries." The traffic on both the sides was dirupted, he said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18