Chemists on strike from tomorrow
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Starting Tuesday, around 50,000 chemist shops in the state, of which 7,000 are in Mumbai, will go on a three-day strike. The Maharashtra Chemists and Drugs Association has decided this after repeated raids and alleged harassment by FDA to crack down on illegal sale of pills for medical termination of pregnancy (MTP).
"We had to take this step after assurances from the health minister and FDA failed to end the harassment. Even when we are not involved in the sale of MTP pills, we are held responsible," said Deepak Mehta, member of the association.
The association also plans to meet FDA Minister Satej Patil and FDA Commissioner Mahesh Zagade on Monday.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed