Chemists on strike from tomorrow
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Starting Tuesday, around 50,000 chemist shops in the state, of which 7,000 are in Mumbai, will go on a three-day strike. The Maharashtra Chemists and Drugs Association has decided this after repeated raids and alleged harassment by FDA to crack down on illegal sale of pills for medical termination of pregnancy (MTP).
"We had to take this step after assurances from the health minister and FDA failed to end the harassment. Even when we are not involved in the sale of MTP pills, we are held responsible," said Deepak Mehta, member of the association.
The association also plans to meet FDA Minister Satej Patil and FDA Commissioner Mahesh Zagade on Monday.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first