Cheteshwar Pujara slips to seventh spot in ICC Test batsmen ranking
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Cheteshwar Pujara continued to be the lone Indian batsman in the top-10 despite losing a place to be at seventh spot, while off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin retained his number eight position in the bowlers' chart in the latest ICC Test rankings issued here today.
With 777 points to his credit, right-handed batsman Pujara is the only Indian to be figuring in the table, which is headed by South Africa's Hashim Amla (903) followed by West Indies' Shivnarine Chanderpaul in second place and South Africa's AB de Villiers in third position.
Meanwhile, Saeed Ajmal and Younis Khan, the stars of Pakistan's 221 runs victory in the first Test against Zimbabwe at the Harare Sports Club, have gained in the latest rankings.
While Saeed's match haul of 11 for 118 has helped him move up a place to third in the Test bowlers list, Younis has been rewarded with a jump of two places to sixth for his unbeaten knock of 200 in the second innings on the Test batsmen ranking.
Ashwin has managed to maintain his eighth position but left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha is now out of the top-10 list.
South Africa's Dale Steyn continues to rule the roost and is followed by seamer Vernon Philander.
Meanwhile, in the all-rounders' list, R Ashwin has retained his third position
- HC frowns at harassment of tenants in old buildings
- Rai Cong’s local man against Modi, Kejriwal
- Baig death order: Final hearing in HC on June 16
- Centre allows use of bull in Jallikattu, sets guidelines
- Injured trying to defuse bomb, CRPF man cries for help on TV
- SC notice to Haryana on land use for Faridabad hospital