Cheteshwar Pujara unlikely to play in home ODI: M S Dhoni
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Jinx (Ajinkya Rahane) is the new opener. He has played on and off and done decently well," said Dhoni.
Dhoni, however, sounded unfazed about the criticism he and the team had to go through after a series of losses.
"It (criticism) is not something that's new to us. As Indian cricketers, you know you are supposed to do well. The moment we don't do well as an individual or as a team you know you'll get to face a lot of criticism," said the skipper.
"But it's the same when you do well, then you get a lot of appreciation. I've always said it's very important to be in a good zone as a team, because if you are in a good zone you have more chances of being successful and be able to perform.
"I never question my ability. That's one thing that all the weaker persons do. Before others question you as an individual you start questioning yourself. Self-belief is something that's very important. Especially in a team sport, it's important that everybody keeps believing in themselves and understands the roles and responsibilities that they've got," he added.
Reluctant to talk about giving up the captaincy in one or more forms of the game as suggested by some former cricketers, Dhoni said, "We'll have to wait and watch. It's not something that's on my mind right now, before the start of an important series. We can't be thinking about that now. Let's wait and watch when we get some time off."
Dhoni conceded that switching from one format to another in a short span was always a difficult thing to do but was happy that the team was continuing to play the five-match ODI series on the back of the three-game series that it lost 1-2 against Pakistan.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again