Chhattarpur Station opens on Thursday
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Congress-RJD pact likely today; Kerala Guv resigns, may contest
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
The Chhattarpur Metro Station on the Central Secretariat-Gurgaon corridor will be ready for public use from Thursday. The station is being opened following an inspection by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), R K Kardam. Kardam is also planning to inspect the Central Secretariat-Qutab Minar Metro corridor on August 30 and 31, following which the line would be opened for public use probably by September 1. The Chhattarpur station could not be opened with the rest of the Qutab Minar-HUDA City Centre corridor in June, as the DMRC got the requisite land for the construction of the station only in October last year. Due to time constraints caused by the delay in getting land, the station has been completed with pre-fabricated structures. "A station takes 18 months for construction, whereas this one was completed in nine months," he added. This is the only Metro Station that has been fully constructed with steel.