- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Age – 37
Chhota Shakeel is the real 'Bhai', Mumbai's lingo for a gangster, that the Indian film industry lives in complete fear of getting a call from. Just like mentor Dawood, Chhota Shakeel has also been involved in all things criminal ranging from murder and extortion to gunrunning - but if there was a specialization, he could be called a specialist in extortions with the big money spinning industry of Bollywood being his favourite and happiest hunting ground.
Indian intelligence agencies say Chhota Shakeel is an ISI agent. He has been charged with trying to kill Shiv Sena leader Milind Vaidya and planning assaults on film producer Ramesh Sharma and art director Sushankar Manjekar. He has also admitted to being responsible for the murder of Chhota Rajen, a former key aide and lieutenant of Dawood Ibrahim.
In an interview with a news magazine in January 2001, Shakeel had said, "Today we are involved in everything - from extorting money to financing films and helping whoever comes to us with genuine requests."