- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Age – 37
Chhota Shakeel is the real 'Bhai', Mumbai's lingo for a gangster, that the Indian film industry lives in complete fear of getting a call from. Just like mentor Dawood, Chhota Shakeel has also been involved in all things criminal ranging from murder and extortion to gunrunning - but if there was a specialization, he could be called a specialist in extortions with the big money spinning industry of Bollywood being his favourite and happiest hunting ground.
Indian intelligence agencies say Chhota Shakeel is an ISI agent. He has been charged with trying to kill Shiv Sena leader Milind Vaidya and planning assaults on film producer Ramesh Sharma and art director Sushankar Manjekar. He has also admitted to being responsible for the murder of Chhota Rajen, a former key aide and lieutenant of Dawood Ibrahim.