Chidambaram warns Bangladesh on terror
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday warned Bangladesh against allowing anti-India activities from its territory. "The Government of Bangladesh has a responsibility to control the HuJI. It cannot allow its territory to be a safe haven to insurgent groups. In the long run, Bangladesh is hurting itself if it does not enjoy good relations with India," Chidambaram said at the conclusion of a debate on the blasts in the North-East in October.
Young MPs from the region, Kiren Rijiju, Agatha Sangma and Sarbababda Sonowal had earlier made spirited interventions, wondering why the repeated blasts in the North-East had failed to strike a chord in the rest of the country like the Mumbai terror attack did.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways