Chief Minister rains sops on his village
- BJP defends Narendra Modi's aide Amit Shah's 'badla' remark, says he 'captured the mood of the nation'
- AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP playing divisive politics ahead of polls, alleges Congress
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today showered gifts on his native village Saifai in Etawah while addressing a gathering after distribution of cheques for Kanya Vidya Dhan and unemployment allowance.
Saifai will get a trauma centre, a burn centre at Saifai Medical College,
and the bed strength of Saifai hospital will be increased from 700 to 1,200. Besides, a girls inter college, a bypass road, lion safari in Etawah, boys stadium, a Apna Bazar and a Mother Dairy will also come up at Saifai soon. A Safai Development Authority will also be set up.
Other projects announced by Akhilesh include extension of the exhibition ground of Etawah, setting up a multi-purpose hall at Etawah Club, barracks for security forces with modern amenities in Etawah and Saifai. A railway overbridge will also be built in Bharthana and a modern fire station for Saifai.
Adjoining district Mainpuri, which is the Lok Sabha constituency of Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav, will get a bridge over Isan river, 132 KVA sub-station, tehsil building of Kishni, extension of mandis at Ghiror and Karhal, girls degree college in Kurawali and Apna Bazar in Mainpuri.
PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav too did not lag behind and announced that all roads of PWD in the state will be made free of potholes by November 15. Besides, with the Centre promising a financial assistance of Rs 20,000 crore, there will be no shortage of water for irrigation.
Akhilesh said that the SP government is committed to fulfill all the promises it had made in its manifesto. Mulayam added that only the SP is committed to the promises made during elections.
Both Mulayam and Akhilesh jointly distributed Rs 2 crore as assistance under the Kanya Vidya Dhan scheme and Rs 1 crore as unemployment allowance. Labour Minister Waqar Shah and Minister of State Shahid Manzoor were also present.
- Ramdev defends Shah's 'badla' remarks
- Nation can't be ruled by event manager: Congress on Advani's Modi remarks
- Rajnath's assets almost double since 2009
- Bar Council of India chairman comes out in support of Modi
- “Door-to-door campaigning after 10pm a criminal offence”: CEO
- Congress-CPI tie-up in Telangana a special case: CPI