Chief Minister rains sops on his village
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today showered gifts on his native village Saifai in Etawah while addressing a gathering after distribution of cheques for Kanya Vidya Dhan and unemployment allowance.
Saifai will get a trauma centre, a burn centre at Saifai Medical College,
and the bed strength of Saifai hospital will be increased from 700 to 1,200. Besides, a girls inter college, a bypass road, lion safari in Etawah, boys stadium, a Apna Bazar and a Mother Dairy will also come up at Saifai soon. A Safai Development Authority will also be set up.
Other projects announced by Akhilesh include extension of the exhibition ground of Etawah, setting up a multi-purpose hall at Etawah Club, barracks for security forces with modern amenities in Etawah and Saifai. A railway overbridge will also be built in Bharthana and a modern fire station for Saifai.
Adjoining district Mainpuri, which is the Lok Sabha constituency of Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav, will get a bridge over Isan river, 132 KVA sub-station, tehsil building of Kishni, extension of mandis at Ghiror and Karhal, girls degree college in Kurawali and Apna Bazar in Mainpuri.
PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav too did not lag behind and announced that all roads of PWD in the state will be made free of potholes by November 15. Besides, with the Centre promising a financial assistance of Rs 20,000 crore, there will be no shortage of water for irrigation.
Akhilesh said that the SP government is committed to fulfill all the promises it had made in its manifesto. Mulayam added that only the SP is committed to the promises made during elections.
Both Mulayam and Akhilesh jointly distributed Rs 2 crore as assistance under the Kanya Vidya Dhan scheme and Rs 1 crore as unemployment allowance. Labour Minister Waqar Shah and Minister of State Shahid Manzoor were also present.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start
- Narendra Modi attacks Congress over lack of war memorial