Chilli, turmeric weaken on subdued demand
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Red chilli and turmeric prices fell by Rs 100 per quintal in the national capital today owing to subdued demand from retailers and stockists amid adequate stocks.
Red chilli and turmeric prices declined by Rs 100 each to conclude at Rs 5,900- 11,300 and Rs 6,300-9,500 per quintal, respectively.
Marketmen said subdued demand from retailers and stockists amid sufficient stocks position mainly pulled down the chilli and turmeric prices on the wholesale kirana market here.
The following are today's quotations:
Ajwain 10,000-15,000, black pepper (per kg) 420-550, betelnut (kg) 160-195, cardamom brown-Jhundiwali (kg) 830-930, and cardamom brown-Kanchicut (kg) 930-1,030.
Cardamom small (kg): Chitridar 745-845, cardamom (colour robin) 745-885, cardamom bold 735-795, cardamom extra (bold) 925-1,045 and cloves (kg) 630-725.