Chilly powder daylight ‘heist’ in Barabanki, SHO suspended
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
Miscreants allegedly robbed Rs 36 lakh from two employees of Mahindra Finance company in Bababanki City Kotwali police station area on Friday "after throwing chilly powder in their eyes". The local SHO, Santosh Kumar Singh, has been suspended on charges of dereliction of duty. ASP of Barabanki, OP Singh, said the company's cashier Pravinder Singh and peon Shiv Sagar Singh told the police that someone threw chilly powder in their eyes as they entered the building that houses the bank. The bank's security guard and shopkeepers of the building denied having seen any such incident. The two were sent for medical examination but the doctors found no chilly particles in their eyes. Small amount of chilly powder was found on the spot and on the shirts of the men, the ASP said.
Post dacoities, 2 SHOs moved out
The SHOs of Alambagh and Naka — Pramod Kumar Singh and Arvind Kumar respectively — were sent to Reserve Police Line on Friday after there were two incidents of dacoities in their areas.They were transferred for "failing to control the crime and criminals" in their areas, said Lucknow SSP. While a businessman had been robbed of 2 kg gold by three men in Naka area on Wednesday, a group of five masked men had allegedly robbed jewellery of more than Rs 3.50 crore from a branch of Muthoot Finance in Alambagh on Thursday morning.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota