China criticises Dalai Lama over island comments
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
China has criticized the Dalai Lama over his comments on an island dispute and accusations that Beijing is not doing enough to stop a wave of self-immolations among Tibetans.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told reporters Monday that the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader was associating himself with Japanese right-wingers to oppose China. That followed his use of the Japanese name for an island group claimed by both China and Japan.
Hong also accused the Dalai Lama of glorifying the self-immolations, the latest of which took place Saturday.
In his comments Monday in Japan, the Dalai Lama reportedly blamed Beijing for not investigating the root cause of despair and hopelessness among Tibetans that many say is prompting them to take their lives as a form of protest.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer