China displays air defence arsenal in 'unprecedented openness'
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Also at the Air Show, the China South Industries Group Corporation unveiled its 30 millimetre caliber 6 barrel mobile Gatling gun.
According to the manufacturer, it can fire a curtain of bullets to destroy enemy aircraft and cruise missiles at very close range.
However, in the international arms sale market, Chinese defence industries have only achieved limited success in exporting advanced military aviation and air defense weapons.
"Though the process of exploring foreign markets would be extremely difficult, the existence of China-made advanced weapons offers non-traditional allies of the West an alternative choice and would subtly change international relations," Bai Wei, former deputy chief editor of the Aviation World Monthly, said.