China eyes global talent, eases rights norms
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The US annually grants 1,40,000 green cards for immigrants with expertise.
The Law on the Exit and Entry Administration, which will cover exit and entry of Chinese citizens and foreigners after coming into effect in July 2013, allows for an increase in the number of green cards.
Liu Guofu, an immigration law specialist at the Beijing Institute of Technology, praised the new green card regulation and said such rules should have come earlier.
"China started to grant green cards in 2004 but the first batch of green card holders have only become entitled to their due rights eight years later," he said.