China eyes global talent, eases rights norms
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
The US annually grants 1,40,000 green cards for immigrants with expertise.
The Law on the Exit and Entry Administration, which will cover exit and entry of Chinese citizens and foreigners after coming into effect in July 2013, allows for an increase in the number of green cards.
Liu Guofu, an immigration law specialist at the Beijing Institute of Technology, praised the new green card regulation and said such rules should have come earlier.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Telescope: Going places
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP