China for better understanding, widening of ties with India
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
China strongly pitched for better understanding and widening of ties with India on Tuesday, asserting that it was not only important for these two countries but also for the region.
There is a need for greater interaction between people from all walks of life, especially journalists for better understanding of how the government and systems function in respective countries, Cai Mingzhao, Chinese Minister of the State Council Information Office, said during a visit to Press Trust of India (PTI) headquarters in New Delhi.
The minister, who was accompanied by Chinese Ambassador to India Wei Wei and other senior officials of his ministry and embassy, talked to senior PTI editors on several media- related issues, including enhanced cooperation between Chinese official news agency Xinhua and the Indian news agency.
The minister, who inaugurated the first India-China media forum along with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Monday, also said that India and China's relationship has great potential for growth which should be utilised through enhanced interactions.
He also advocated the dependence on "authentic" sources while reporting big events happening in China instead of depending on western media, which may have difference in their perception while doing the reportage of incidents there.
During the Forum meeting on Monday, he had also proposed that the media forum become an institutionalised platform for regular exchanges between the media persons of the two sides and should be held alternatively in India and China.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry