China hacks into sensitive DRDO computers
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
The computers of highly-sensitive Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have reportedly been hacked.
The hacking is suspected to have been carried out by Chinese hackers and there are fears that some sensitive information could have been compromised.
When asked about it, Defence Minister A K Antony said, "Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else."
The minister was asked if the DRDO computer networks containing sensitive information were hacked and if information was compromised.
Commenting on the issue, DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta said, "As per our information, no computer or network of the DRDO has been compromised."
In the past also, such incidents have occurred and the Defence Ministry has taken several actions to stop the hacking of sensitive information pertaining to armed forces.
Recently, the Navy had to take action against some of its officers in the Eastern Command after their networks were hacked as they did not follow the standard operating procedures.