China hacks into sensitive DRDO computers
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
The computers of highly-sensitive Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have reportedly been hacked.
The hacking is suspected to have been carried out by Chinese hackers and there are fears that some sensitive information could have been compromised.
When asked about it, Defence Minister A K Antony said, "Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else."
The minister was asked if the DRDO computer networks containing sensitive information were hacked and if information was compromised.
Commenting on the issue, DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta said, "As per our information, no computer or network of the DRDO has been compromised."
In the past also, such incidents have occurred and the Defence Ministry has taken several actions to stop the hacking of sensitive information pertaining to armed forces.
Recently, the Navy had to take action against some of its officers in the Eastern Command after their networks were hacked as they did not follow the standard operating procedures.