China kids' shelter fire kills at least 7 children
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
A fire at a private shelter for orphans and abandoned children in central China has killed at least 7 children and left an unknown number of others injured.
The official website China.org.cn says the fire broke out Friday morning at the shelter that was being run out of a woman's home in Lankao county of Henan province.
The website cites police at the site as saying that many children had been hurt in the fire, though the specific number was not yet available.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape