China kids' shelter fire kills at least 7 children
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
A fire at a private shelter for orphans and abandoned children in central China has killed at least 7 children and left an unknown number of others injured.
The official website China.org.cn says the fire broke out Friday morning at the shelter that was being run out of a woman's home in Lankao county of Henan province.
The website cites police at the site as saying that many children had been hurt in the fire, though the specific number was not yet available.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis